Old age is unavoidable also the problems that occur during old age. There are too many families who dump their elderly parents into old age homes or leave with the caretakers. This is mainly due to the medical conditions they face. Not to blame anyone, since people are quite busy nowadays and are unable to care for their family. Never mind, but a true knowledge in the various medical kits especially medical walking aids available and their uses is much needed these times.
The different walking aids available are:
- Knee walkers
All of these are quite different in design and designed for specific needs. These aids are so helpful that you will no longer feel the burden of taking care of the elderly parents. Right from minor issues to the major ones everything now has a support system and the aged people are able to use them without outside help.
The hierarchy goes like this, cane crutches, knee walkers, walkers and rollators from low to high. A brief explanation about the various walking supplies is discussed below:
- Canes: The basic level or the indication of you entering the old age is the poor balance and knee pain. Canes act as your third leg and add confidence while walking. Designed for left or right-hand use also has a one-button height adjustment. This will help then do the basic walk around the house and make out their needs, at least reaching out for the essential things.
- Crutches: This is useful when the lower body gets injured and that prevents from loading the body weight on one leg. These can be locked to your hand and acts as a replacement for your injured leg or the injured side. These are very useful things for both elderly people and those who have met with an accident recently and have an injury in the lower part of the body.
- Knee Walker: An ideal product for those recovering from foot surgery, breaks, sprains or amputations. It is a comfortable and pain-free alternative to crutches. This also known as knee scooter offers a little fun while it helps to recover. Comes with handle and brake and made for both indoor and outdoor use. Not only for the elders but it is for everyone under injury.
- Walkers: A well known medical walking aid to everyone are the walkers. It is a simple wheel design or non-wheel design product that supports in walking and is foldable. If canes and crutches don’t meet the needs walker definitely will. Purely for elders who prefer to walk slowly without being tripped.
- Rollators: An advanced version of walkers with a comfortable seat, handlebars, brake system, a pouch for holding things and height adjustment system. With this rollators, handling elders have become easy. This is all-in-one equipment specially designed for medical grade supplies.
So where to buy these, there are lots and lots of medical suppliers out there in the market depending upon the quality and needs. A personal visit to these stores or online sites will be helpful in moving forward. Make the elders feel at home with these aids instead of leaving them on their own.