The most crucial thing when it comes to getting well after a surgery is the post-operative care. How quick and effective your recovery will be, will depend a lot on how you take care of yourself post your surgery.
Every surgery is a stress on the body from which it takes time to recuperate and you have to allow yourself that time in order to get properly back on your feet again. The cost of knee surgery in India is quite a lot and hence if you do not want your money to go to waste, do carefully follow these post-operative care instructions:
- The first and the most important thing that you need to take care of, is see to it that you are taking all the medications that have been prescribed. A knee replacement surgery is a pretty big operation and hence you might experience pain. This is the reason why doctors prescribe pain meds in order to make sure that you can concentrate on the healing part, rather than dealing with the pain.
- Another very important task that you have to focus on is getting your stride back. You will have to adjust to the new knee that you have been given and hence you need to get acclimatised to that. In order to do so and loosening up the muscles in the affected area, physiotherapy is a very good option. Fix a physiotherapist who will come to your home and give you the proper compressions and show you the exercises that will help you to get back your walk. Physiotherapy is an absolute necessity if you are aiming for a proper long term recovery.
- There might a lot of swelling in the knee region after the surgery. Do not panic because this is quite normal. But you have to take care of the swelling. Doctors generally advice cold compress to reduce the swelling which is quite effective. Hot compress is not good for your knee swelling. Do consult your doctor if your swelling refuses to subdue after 3-4 days.
- You have to take good care of the area which has been operated upon. You will have to keep a constant check to spot any signs of infection or bleeding. When you walk be very careful so that you do not hurt the operated area. Use a cane or crutch for balance.
- Along with the knee replacement surgery cost India, you will have to bear another cost for 24*7 medical assistance at your home after the surgery. This is extremely important if you want to get well soon. Medical assists know what they are doing and they will be able to give you your medications properly and assist you till you get back on your feet.
Everybody needs proper care and attention after their surgery. This is one extremely important factor that a lot of people tend to ignore and hence delay the process of their recovery. Now that you know what some of the most important steps are when it comes to taking care of yourself after a knee surgery, do follow them through.