If you have your own car, then you might face various types of difficulties and you need to hire some car repair services to resolve these issues. But it is very important to know about the different car spare parts and for it is imperative to know about the transmission system of your car. Do not panic about the automatic transmission problem as every type of noise does not indicate transmission problems. However, to avoid major investments, you need to repair the transmission system and check the transmission fluid on a regular basis. For this you have to know about troubleshooting issues with your transmission, and also read the car manual or search on the internet for the same.
What is the most common troubleshooting problem of transmission?
- Firstly, you need to identify the exact type of transmission problem. In this regards you can check the leakage of the transmission, change the gear and check the transmission fluid also. If the gear slips, then you need to change the fluid of the transmission. Leakage of transmission can be caused by the leakage of tank or pan, leaking fluid line, loose pan bolts and faulty torque converter. For these problems, you need to change or replace the pan, seal or bolt as required.
- Secondly you have to check the transmission fluid on a regular basis. If your car has its own fluid measurement system, then you can check the fluid level by yourself only. Else you can consult with the transmission repair services, as they will check and confirm your problem accordingly.
- Thirdly, you will find many types of transmission fluid in the market and it is suggested to avoid cheap fluids for your car. You can save some initial cost of the transmission fluid but in the long run, you need to change several car parts damaged by your cheap transmission fluid only. You have to check the quality of the fluid, and if the fluid has any blunt odor then do not use these fluids but use branded transmission fuels only.
- Next step is to check the automatic transmission on-board computer system (OBD). There are some AutoZone and advanced auto-parts available in your city that can check your OBD codes and confirm you about the problems. In this regards you can check them online and find the nearest transmission repair services for the same. If you need to check the OBD code frequently then you can buy OBD scanners and check the code by yourself. Apart from that, there are some mobile apps available in the android systems which can check your OBD code of the transmission system.
- If your transmission system does not have any problem of OBD code or fluid system, then you must check the transmission manual from any online site. You can put your car models online and you will find many websites that offer you with a total manual guideline of your transmission. You can check them online and fix the problem accordingly.
There are several transmission repairs services available in the market and you can find them online also. Firstly, you need to check their certification and authentication. Then you have to consult with their customer service executives and discuss the problem. They will identify the exact problems with your transmission and provide you with the estimated cost for repairing. You can compare this price with other repair agencies and hire them accordingly.
It is always best to employ the services of a professional transmission repair specialist look at your car and help you get the correct resolution for your transmission problems.