IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is an exam that checks how proficient are the candidates in the English language. It is especially useful for the candidates who want to seek work or educational opportunities in countries where English is used as a medium of communication. As a result, candidates of different educational backgrounds, age, and nationality take this test.
The IELTS Exam has two versions viz. IELTS Academic and IELTS Training. The former version is mostly selected by candidates who wish to pursue their higher education in an English speaking country, whereas the latter is most preferred by those who are planning to work or migrate to such countries. Therefore, you need to analyze your requirements before determining the version that is suitable as per your future plans.
The IELTS Result is released after 13 days once you complete the test and if you have opted for computer-derived tests, then the results will be available after 3 to 5 working days. Each of the test versions is divided into 4 subtests that include listening, reading, writing, and speaking. Your final score will be the average of the scores that you manage to get in all these 4 sections.
The IELTS Result can be checked online, and if you have given a paper-based test, then the IELTS Test Centre will mail you the result at your postal address. However, due to COVID-19 pandemic, many centres have stopped sending results by post.
Below steps can be followed to verify your IELTS Score online:
The link to check your results will depend on whether you have taken the test from the British Council & IELTS USA network of test centres or from the IDP IELTS Australia network of test centres. Your test centre will provide you with the link to view the results directly, but if they don’t, you can also visit the IELTS official website “https://www.ielts.org/” and get separate links for checking your results online.
If you have taken the test from a test centre of the British & USA network, then follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the result link of the British Council & IELTS USA network of test centres. Click here to go to the result page directly.
- Step 2: Choose the “Test Date” from the menu. Enter your date of birth, identification document number, and candidate number. After entering these details, click on the ‘Find’ button.
- Step 3: After clicking on the ‘Find’ button, the IELTS Result will be displayed directly.
If you have taken the test from a test centre of IDP IELTS Australia network, then you should adhere to the below steps:
- Step 1: Go to the link directly or visit the IELTS website and search the link for the result section. Click on this URL to visit the link directly.
- Step 2: Enter your name and ensure that the name you type and the name appearing on the document or Passport that you had submitted while registering for the exam match completely.
- Step 3: Enter your family name, and if you don’t have one, then you can simply type hyphen ‘-’ instead.
- Step 4: Now, enter the document number or passport number and date of birth. After that, you will see a captcha code (security code) on the screen. Type it correctly as given and click on the ‘Search’ button. Your IELTS Result will appear on the screen once you click on this button.
Note: Remember that the online result is the unofficial/provisional result, and the official report is the one that will be sent to you by your IELTS test centre.
Check out the IELTS Band Scores at https://studyabroad.shiksha.com/exams/ielts/scores